Research Labs and Facilities
The Department of Biomedical Engineering is housed within the Hallowell Building, which is located in the West Campus area of University Park. The building offers 18,000 square feet of laboratory, office, and classroom space and is home to many of our research facilities. Additional facilities are located throughout University Park, including the 275,600 square-foot Millennium Science Center, and at the Penn State Hershey Medical Center.
In 2014, the Penn State Project Decision Review Board approved plans for a new state-of-the-art biomedical engineering and chemical engineering facility that will more than triple the department's current space. The building project is currently the largest in Penn State’s capital plan and is expected to open in 2019.
- Artificial Heart and Cardiovascular Fluid Dyanamics Lab
- Biomolecular and Biomimetic Materials Lab
- Cellular Mechanobiology Lab
- Cellular Biomechanics Lab
- Microcirculation Lab
- MINIBio Lab
- Molecular Biomechanics Lab
- Multimodal and Computational Neuroimaging Lab
- Musculoskeletal Regenerative Engineering Lab
- Pluripotent Stem Cell Engineering Lab
- Systematic Bioengineering Lab
- Transformative Biomaterials and Biotechnology Lab
- Translational Neuroimaging and Systems Neuroscience Lab